Squirrels

Place to post your images just for fun, no critiquing unless asked.
JohnSR

Squirrels

Post by JohnSR »

This photo is a little different as it is very unusual to see two different species of squirrels feeding together. The top one is a Washington Pine Squirrel and the other is an Eastern Gray. According to the Wildlife office, the Eastern Grays are slowing taking over the area where the native squirrels live and suggested I do something about getting rid of it. Mary Ann is trying :D I think she thinks the big squirrel is a cat and has fun chasing it up the tree. The photo was shot thru the window so isn't that great.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Squirrels

Post by jon.oman »

You are correct, they don't get along, and compete for food. But, I'd just leave it alone, other than allowing your dog to have fun!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Am going camping with my son and granddaughter tomarrow and won't be back until Sunday. That should give "ole" Sparkey time to catch on the count. :lol: :lol:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Have fun!

Rick Shutterman

Post by Rick Shutterman »

Interesting,

It has been the eastern Greys Squirrels that have slowly been encroaching on the territory of the native Red Squirrels in the UK. But slowly the Reds are regaining ground. A few years ago there were only a few communities left but now these have increased significantly. The Greys were brought over here in the 19th C as pets but some escaped and created a population explosion.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:Am going camping with my son and granddaughter tomarrow and won't be back until Sunday. That should give "ole" Sparkey time to catch on the count. :lol: :lol:

:o