Are you ok?

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

Are you ok?

Post by JohnSR »

Just saw on tv that SC got some pretty bad weather. Did it get into your area? Hope all is ok. Maybe you should go over to La La Land with Sparkey. :lol:
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: Are you ok?

Post by jon.oman »

I would love to go to La La Land! The only thing in my way is money, and no passport!

We are fine. The bad weather went by us. Maybe five to ten miles away. I feel bad for those who lost their lives.

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Thats good to hear. We had a windstorm last night. It woke me at 11:30 when some branches hit the top of the house. Thought for sure we would lose power but we lucked out. Lot of snow in the mountains. Was repairing a set of steps outside and it feels like we may get some of the white stuff down here. Sure hope not as Betty has to drive 40 miles to a quiltting class. She told me this is the last one for the winter. Guess it is TV dinner for me tonight :cry:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

My speed is cold cuts on bread! At least I bake the bread!

Right now, our temps are about 75 or so. A bit of sun through the clouds.

You used to fly, right? My daughter is putting new fabric on a small two-seater. A tail dragger. She works at the local county airport in Idependence, Iowa. She does a bit of everything, including servicing the engines, etc. She is taking on another plane. This one, she will be doing in her 30 by 60 foot barn at her home. She is getting a lot of positive feedback on her work from the airplane owners that stop by the airport. It looks like she will be starting a business to do just the new fabric, and final painting. I guess that a planes fabric is supposed to be replaced about every 15 to 20 years.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

More than welcome in la la land Jon. :mrgreen:

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

We got our first snow in the lowlands a couple days ago. Grabbed the camera and headed for the orchard but when I got there found out the battery was to low to activate the camera. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next one. The snow only lasted a couple hours as the ground was too warm.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Sparkey wrote:More than welcome in la la land Jon. :mrgreen:
Thanks! But unless I hit big in the lottery, it will have to be during my next life!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:We got our first snow in the lowlands a couple days ago. Grabbed the camera and headed for the orchard but when I got there found out the battery was to low to activate the camera. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next one. The snow only lasted a couple hours as the ground was too warm.
I thought your camera was starting to rust!

Today's high is supposed to be about 60 degrees. No snow forcast!