Off to Iowa!

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
jon.oman

Re: Off to Iowa!

Post by jon.oman »

I bet you keep the cost down, but what about quality?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

The quality is much higher as the tobacco doen't have all the additives. Have been growing my own for about five year now and can't stand the store bought cigarettes plus they cost anywhere from $6.00 to $9.00 a pack. It costs me $2.50 for 250 tubes. It costs me less than $0.50 to make a pack. I have the Fresh Choice cigarette making machine and it takes me 3-5 minutes to make a pack of 20. With the high taxation implemented on tobacco products a couple years ago, glad I had already switched.
You may asked why don't I quite? I'm 72 years old and don't plan to change anything in my life at this late stage. Have had good health all my life even being a smoker. Haven't had a cold or flu in over 40 years. Still can climb these mountain even if it is a little slower. When I look into the mirror the only thing I see different is a few wrinkles and not as much hair on top as there used to be. Besides I enjoy growing, making and smoking cigarettes
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

We all have our habits. More power to you! You found a way to keep the taxman away. What are the rules with regard to home production? No taxes for personal use?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

We're allowed to grow 1/10 of an acre without reporting it or pay taxes, It has to be used only by the grower. We can't sell or give it away haha. I only grow enough to last me a year which is 178 plants not counting the seeders. We can sell or give away the seeds without any problems. I normally keep all my seeds and after getting the plants started, spread the extra seeds in areas where I camp. One of these days Washington will be covered with tobacco plants :evil: :evil:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:This patch is manly for seeds. My other patch is for cigarettes.

Dirty habit.

Drink is cleaner.

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

JohnSR wrote:The quality is much higher as the tobacco doen't have all the additives. Have been growing my own for about five year now and can't stand the store bought cigarettes plus they cost anywhere from $6.00 to $9.00 a pack. It costs me $2.50 for 250 tubes. It costs me less than $0.50 to make a pack. I have the Fresh Choice cigarette making machine and it takes me 3-5 minutes to make a pack of 20. With the high taxation implemented on tobacco products a couple years ago, glad I had already switched.
You may asked why don't I quite? I'm 72 years old and don't plan to change anything in my life at this late stage. Have had good health all my life even being a smoker. Haven't had a cold or flu in over 40 years. Still can climb these mountain even if it is a little slower. When I look into the mirror the only thing I see different is a few wrinkles and not as much hair on top as there used to be. Besides I enjoy growing, making and smoking cigarettes

and fair play to you too Senior. :D

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

JohnSR wrote:One of these days Washington will be covered with tobacco plants
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

and dog turd.

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Well, packing up for the trip to Toledo, Ohio. This may be the last message until I get home the last week of this month! Have fun guys!

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Thought I would post a pix of Sparky's "dog turds". Think the cool weather is helping the plants to grow. They have only been in the ground since May 15 or so.