The Ark

Miscellaneous area intended for topis of discussion that are not covered in other threads or discussion groups, including impromptu shoots, vents, ideas, whatever strikes your fancy.
JohnSR

The Ark

Post by JohnSR »

Think I better get back working on the ark. We have one big weather system after another coming in. The lower pasture is a huge lake. The snow level is all the way up to 8000 feet so all the snow is melting. The rivers are starting to come over their bands. Should be a interesting week.
Three Scores and 14 years old and still going strong.

jon.oman

Re: The Ark

Post by jon.oman »

Well, try to keep dry! Do you live on top of a hill?

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Thank goodness YES. Was just down to WalMart and the river is getting pretty high. About 3 feet from coming over the bank. What makes it bad is it is the only bridge to cross that river. If it floods we are cut off from the freeway. It has only happened once since I have lived out here. Took them 5 days after the water went down to reopen it. What caused it was the Corp of Engineers had to open a flood gate on a dam up stream to relieve the pressure due to a quick melt off of the snow. This looks about the same thing this time. Hope they can hold the water in the reservoir. (that word sounds French) :D Think I'll just call it a lake from now on. :lol:

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

I hope you have supplies to last more than a week!

I think my wife has about a months worth.....

JohnSR

Post by JohnSR »

Same here plus have the rv stocked