Photo Cards

Place to post your images and they may be critiqued.
jon.oman

Photo Cards

Post by jon.oman »

I'm thinking of making photo cards with one of these images. What do you think?

kilm53

Re: Photo Cards

Post by kilm53 »

No2 does it for me JOn..

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

kilm53 wrote:No2 does it for me JOn..
Thanks Peter! I have to order these in batches, so I want to start with the better image.

Bobby Nance

Post by Bobby Nance »

Sorry to differ with Peter, but I prefer the first one. The dead ends of the out of focus leaves bother me in the second, although I do like other things about it.

What kind of cards do you mean, Jon. Will these be post cards? If so, you may find your market fairly limited to males -- and you know how we are about writing! Most females seem to react negatively to most insect shots in my experience.

kilm53

Post by kilm53 »

I chose the 2nd one as there is a tiny black mark above the leaf the dragonfly is sittin on in the first 1.. :o :| ;)

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

Bobby Nance wrote:Sorry to differ with Peter, but I prefer the first one. The dead ends of the out of focus leaves bother me in the second, although I do like other things about it.

What kind of cards do you mean, Jon. Will these be post cards? If so, you may find your market fairly limited to males -- and you know how we are about writing! Most females seem to react negatively to most insect shots in my experience.
Okay Bobby, I do see what you mean, and it was one of the reasons I also included the first one. One reason I am leaning towards the second one is because my wife likes it. She rules!

These are 4x8 inch photographs on card stock, where you can write on the back side. They come with an envelope to mail them in. These are typically seen during the holidays, sent to family and friends. Most people just sign them, and post them, so very little writing. I've actually had positive feedback from the ladies about dragonfly images, so I think they will sell. If not, I can just try another image!

jon.oman

Post by jon.oman »

kilm53 wrote:I chose the 2nd one as there is a tiny black mark above the leaf the dragonfly is sittin on in the first 1.. :o :| ;)
Yes Peter, I debated removing that spot. I somethings think that we are too anal in the digital age. I did leave it in to see if anyone objected to it. Back to Photoshop!

Bobby Nance

Post by Bobby Nance »

Peter, I had to look back twice to find the black spot. Good eye. I tend to be so drawn toward the main subject that all else becomes obscure. It's a problem when presenting my own work, LOL, but it helps me enjoy it more!